Saturday, June 4, 2011

Brooklyn turns 7

This is kindof a late post, but I wanted to write it anyway. Brooklyn turned 7 on May 15th. I wonder where the time has gone. I remember the day I had her very clearly and it doesn't seem like that long ago. Brooklyn decided that instead of cake she wanted carmelitos-she absolutely loves these. So we decorated the carmelitos with real flowers with a little Rosetta figurine. I thought it turned out pretty cute.


I think she talks about her birthday all year long. The kids have fun planning their cakes. After the candle blowing she opened her gifts.

She got a cute Little Mermaid shirt and a necklace from Grandma & Grandpa Jensen


Grandma & Grandpa Clayson gave her a blue pair of sheets (her favorite color) and a framed picture of the Idaho Falls Temple to put in her new room.


And we decided to get this for her. Her own guitar. Jeremy bought me a guitar last summer and I have been learning how to play. Brooklyn will ask me all the time of she can play it and I can hear her in her room making up little songs. So when she opened this gift she was sooo excited. I have been trying to teach her some basic notes, but she has a lot of fun with it even if she can't play yet.

I just have to add this next picture.... Brooklyn decided that she wanted rainbow sherbert for her ice cream. My brother Mark was giving Stockton some and this is the reaction we got.....

It was so funny! After a while he decided he liked it and wanted some more. Overall I think Brooklyn had a pretty fun birthday. She got a couple more little gifts from us- a Hula Hoop and a couple of outfits. We love our Brooklyn so much. She keeps things interesting in our home and is a cute little mommy to her sisters and brother.

2 comments:

Par 5 said...

Um, how come I didn't realize til just now that my oldest is only a few days younger than yours? I never knew we were even pregnant at the same time...did I?

Well anyway, she sure is cute, and really 7 years was not that long ago--we're not getting old--it's fine. :)

Par 5 said...

oh, and p.s. I would totally choose carmelitos over cake too...it's no wonder I'm 40 lbs. overweight...do you know how many times I've made those in the last few weeks? Like 5--and I've eaten most of them.