Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Stockton’s 1st Birthday

I cannot believe that my baby boy is 1! His birthday is the 1st of November. The last year has gone by so fast. I love when my kids’ birthdays roll around just because on that day I always find myself remembering what it was like the day they were born and the little details surrounding their birth. The day I had Stockton it was a beautiful Fall day. It was so nice in fact that I had on capris and flip flops. I went to my doctor’s appointment on Monday morning. I had been dilated to a 3 for a couple of weeks. I had had false labor a couple of times and just kept waiting for him to make his appearance (even though his wasn’t due until the 15th). They checked my progress and the doctor asked if I wanted to go to the hospital- I was dilated to a 6!. I hadn’t had any painful contractions or anything and I was so excited. Jeremy had stayed home to get some work done just in case I was going to have him that day. So I called him up and made arrangements for the other kids and made a quick stop at a computer place (to get a part for Jeremy) and I was off to the hospital. I got there around 11:00 and got hooked up. Jeremy got there shortly after, The doc came and broke my water at noon and Stockton was born at 3:26 in the afternoon. He was 8 lbs. 9 oz. and 21.5 in. long. They took him to the NICU right away because he was having problems breathing, but everything turned out fine.

October 112 And now he is a little one year old who is busy exploring everything around him- especially now that he has the use of his hands back.:)

DSC03813We made him a Cars “cake” for his birthday except it wasn’t cake-we made carmelitos instead-yum. Brooklyn and Piper helped put the stuff on. I think it turned out pretty cute:

DSC03812 Piper colored the flags and Brooklyn made the road. They did a pretty good job and they were excited to do it!

We had both sets of grandparents over to have dinner with us. We had homemade chicken noodle soup with rolls, spinach salad with candied pecans, and pomegranite avacado dip. It was so yummy! Afterwards we sang to him, opened presents, and had dessert. Here are some pictures from the party:

DSC03816Grandma and Grandpa Clayson gave him a Thomas the Train flashlight. It was so cute that it got taken and used by Piper that night.

DSC03821  We gave him a cute little giraffe that came with 3 little balls and a car that you let slide down the front. It was pretty cute. We also gave him a Fisher Price board book about the zoo and a pair of pajamas. Grandma and Grandpa Jensen gave him ‘Cars 2’ the movie. My girls were pretty excited about that one- they hadn’t seen it yet.

DSC03837He wanted the toys on top! DSC03841  He loved the dessert Grandma was feeding him!

DSC03848 DSC03824We sure love this sweet little boy and we are so grateful he is in our family!

1 comment:

Steve and Kim... said...

Man your kids are so cute. I miss you guys! Time for you to start baking another kid since he is one!!